Saturday, April 17th at 6PM UTC (2PM EST, 11AM PST) we will be hosting the first Player versus Player tournament in several wipes!
This tournament will test our brand new ‘arena’ code, which -may- allow us to automate arenas in the future. As this is entirely new code, we request as much player participation as possible.
We will be hosting & scoring 3 brackets: 1v1, 2v2, & 3v3.
- Any level 25+ player can compete in any bracket. We will attempt to match teams as fairly as possible in the first round.
- Bring your own gear.
- Equipment will NOT be lost on death in the arena.
- Items and containers will NOT frag in the arena.
- Groups must be of equal numbers. You will pick your own group members, or we will try to help you find some friends if time permits.
- Self-prep & group-prep spells are allowed in peaceful rooms upon entry to the arena.
- No outside prep permitted. (i.e.: pre-buff, wands, scrolls, potions)
- Use of “orbs” is restricted in tournament play, but will be allowed in free-for-all skirmishes following the main events.
- Corpses and spirits will exist in the arena for those who need them.
- Fights can be spectated by players. Check the signage in an inn of any major city on tournament day.
If you plan to participate and know your team in advance, we ask you to let us know your planned bracket(s) and group members ahead of time. (Preferably by Friday.) Please email email@example.com or message a non-retired immortal in-game to reserve your spot. Pre-registered players & teams must check in with the immortal staff within 30 minutes of tournament kick-off on Saturday.
Even if you do not enjoy participating in PvP, we still encourage you to enter the contest to check out the hard work we’ve done on the automated arena design and fight ‘spectate’ system. Everyone who competes in the tournament will receive something in return. And, of course, the fiercest gladiators will undoubtedly walk away with the largest prizes.
Lastly, following the structured tournament play, we will allow free-for-all skirmishes to test multiple arena fights in parallel. Arena fights will be entirely randomized and use of prep will be unrestricted. No refunds.
May you all die!
- ArcticMUD Staff